How do I record partial payment against an invoice?
Recording partial payments against an invoice can be done in two ways: When you manually record payments for your invoices, and when customers pay for their invoices through an online payment gateway.
When you manually record payment for your invoices:
- Click on the Record Payment button present on the top of your chosen invoice.
- Enter the amount for which you wish to record against the invoice, and click on the Record Payment button. This will change the status of the invoice to Partially Paid.
- When you revisit the invoice and record the balance payment, the status of the invoice will get changed to Paid.
Similarly when customers pay for their invoices through an online payment gateway:
- They can partially pay for the invoice by clicking the Pay Now button. This will change the status of the invoice to Partially Paid.
- Paying the balance amount will change the status of the invoice to Paid.
Can I receive partial payments for an invoice?
Definitely! If your customer has almost reached their credit limit on their card or their bank account is running low in balance, you can provide them the convenience of making partial payments using Zoho Inventory. There are two ways in which you ...
How do I record my bill payments?
Recording from bill To record a bill payment: Opening the bill. Select the option Record Payment. Fill in the details of the payment, such as the amount and date etc. Click on the Save button. Once you save the payment, the status of the bill changes ...
How do I record vendor credits?
To record vendor credits: Go to the Contacts module and open a preferred vendor. Click the New Transaction button. Choose the Bill Payment option from the drop-down. Record payments for all the existing bills - paid in full or partially or you can ...
Can I record partial payments on my bills?
Yes you can, and each of these partial payments will be recorded and displayed below the bill that you have made them to.
What should I do if I wish to invoice my customers in various foreign currencies?
In Zoho Books, the item prices will always be in the base currency. To invoice a customer with a foreign currency, you first need to associate that currency to your customer. This will be applied when you raise an invoice for that particular customer ...